The Blu-ray 3D disc player can support HD audio (most models do just look at the specifications). The PS3 doesn’t support HD audio while playing blu-ray 3D disc and there are also some other features which are disabled for Blu-ray 3D playback. So in this article we will give you the way getting 3D Blu-ray playback via your PS3 and 3D compatible television.
First and foremost, ensure you have downloaded the latest System Software Update 3.50 via the PS3 or the website.
Secondly, ensure your display settings have been reset to ensure the full 3D experience is offered via your PS3.
Step by Step Instructions Below:
1. Navigate to the Settings menu on the XMB
2. Select Display Settings
3. Select Video Output Settings
4. Select HDMI (3D playback is only available via an HDMI connection)
5. Select ‘Automatic’. The screen will go blank for a few seconds while the PS3 adjusts the resolution.
6. Select ‘Yes’ when the picture reappears on your screen.
7. Select the screen size of your TV.
8. Press ‘X’ to confirm the settings on screen.
Insert your 3D Blu-ray disc:
1. Navigate to the Movie icon on the XMB.
2. Scroll up or down to the icon for the BD movie and press ‘X’ to begin playback.
3. In the BD Menu selection, go to Play Movie.
4. The following options are presented, 2D or 3D
5. Select 3D
6. Play movie, sit back and enjoy!
Still have issues with Blu-ray playback with PS3? Or tired of following the complicated procedure above? Just read the guide to learn how to rip Blu-ray for playing on PS3 which will be an easier way.