Facing with tons of Blu-ray discs on the shelf, are you getting a headache? There are many ways for you to free shelf space. Storing Blu-ray movies to NAS must be one of those. ASUSTOR is a famous NAS brand and recently it updated its NAS family line with ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS. So here, let’s we talk about transferring Blu-ray to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS with suitable formats and size.
You have to know that a Blu-ray Ripper will be necessary in migrating Blu-ray to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS. Blu-ray has complex encryption, like BD+, AACS, region codes, etc. To remove the protection and change the “disc format” to a digital format, we will praise Pavtube BDMagic for its ability to quickly and easily rip Blu-rays to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS with original video quality with several clicks:
- Rip any commercial Blu-ray to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS legally
- Convert Blu-ray to MP4, H.265, M3U8, MKV, MOV, M4V, WMV, etc for NAS
- Copy the entire Blu-ray disc to NAS in original file structure with all subtitle tracks and audio streams preserved.
- Backup Blu-ray to iPhone, iPad, Microsoft Pro, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, etc optimized format to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS.
- Allows users to shrink Blu-ray movies size to store more movies to the NAS
- Compatible with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/XP, etc
- Has the equivalent Mac version which supports OS X El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, etc
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
How to rip Blu-ray and store to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS?
Step 1: Import Blu-ray movies
Run the app and insert Blu-ray to Blu-ray drive. Click “File” to load the Blu-ray movies to the Blu-ray ripper.
1.You can add more than one Blu-ray movies at a time for its batch conversion function.
2. You can choose desired subtitle and audio track and forced subtitle below the chapter list.
Step 2: Backup and convert Blu-ray
Here, you have three choices:
Option A - Full Disc Copy Blu-ray to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS
You can keep all the information in Blu-ray movies, including main title, advertisement, chapter markers, review and the whole audio/subtitle streams.
Click on the top of the menu.
Option B - Directly Copy Blu -ray to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS
Just the main title of the original Blu-ray disc will be preserved in this way. It will save many space for your NAS.
Navigate to “Format” > “Copy” > “Directly Copy”
Option C – Convert Blu-ray to MP4/MKV/MOV to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS
Transforming Blu-ray to MP4, MKV, MOV, AVI, etc popular format gives you wide playback on different devices via SUSTOR AS1004T NAS.
Click “Format”, you can choose the desired format in “Common Video” or “HD Video” profiles. On the other hand, you can choose the optimized preset for mainstreaming multimedia players, like PS3, PS4, Microsoft Pro.
Note: In the third way, you can adjust the video/audio parameters in “Settings” to determine the output video size.
Step 3: Convert Blu-ray to NAS
If you chose the latter two ways, click big red “Convert” on the UI to begin Blu-ray ripping process. Locate the generated video in output folder.
Storing Blu-ray movies to NAS benefits you a lot with a clean shelf, safer storage and more convenient management. You can watch these Blu-ray movies via ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS on your TV, Tablet, PS4 and other DLNA enabled devices.
If you have many iTunes purchased movies and want to remove the DRM to transfer to ASUSTOR AS1004T NAS, you can use Pavtube ChewTune.
Money saving tip – Software Bundles:
Pavtube BDMgic ($49) + Pavtube ChewTune ($29) = $49.9, Saving $28.1
That means, you can get a DRM removal program only if you paid more $0.9.