The Roku 4 supports local video playback via the USB port or through a media server such as PLEX. If you have Blu-ray and want to home view them on Plex through Roku 4, you need to convert them to digital files and then compress them for playback on the Roku 4 and even your phone or tablet. While this is not as simple or as fast as converting a music CD to MP3, it’s also not as hard as it seems. You will need a program to convert your physical Blu-ray media to digital files that are usable with Plex and Roku 4.
To rip Blu-ray to Plex for Roku 4 home viewing, Pavtube ByteCopy is highly recommended to help you finish the task. With it, you can easily convert the commercial Blu-ray movies to Plex and Roku compatible video files with high quality and fast speed. It aims to solve this problem by giving us the ability to store our purchased physical Blu-ray and DVD discs to local computer, hard drive then stream over a home network for Plex Media Server thru Roku 4 and iPhone 7, iPad Pro, iPad Air 3, Samsung Galaxy S7, PS4 playback. It’s professional in ripping and converting Blu-ray/DVD discs, Blu-ray/DVD ISO image, Blu-ray/DVD copies and more. (Read review)
Now, Download Blu-ray Ripper below:
Steps to Rip Blu-ray to Plex for home viewing thru Roku 4
Step 1: Insert Blu-ray disc into the BD drive, on best Blu-ray to Roku 4 Converter, click “load Blu-ray” button. It doesn’t necessarily to be a Blu-ray optical media, it can also be an Blu-ray folder or ISO files to be converted to playable digital file format.
Step 2. Click Format bar, here I suggest you choose HD Video > H.264 HD Video(*.mp4). Of course you can choose other output formats like MKV from the output format list as long as they are compatible with the Roku 4 media player/Plex. Also you can rip Blu-ray, DVD to My Cloud EX4, Xbox One and ReadyNAS Pro via Plex.
Learn >> Plex Problems and Solutions
a. If you like to tweak a little, in the settings, you are allowed to change the frame rate, resolution, bitrate and other specifications of the videos, if the tech terms look taunting to you, proceed to the next step. After that, you can click on “Save as” to rename the profile, such as “Roku or Plex (*.mp4)”. Next time, you can easily find it in “Custom” category. Professional guide: Best Settings for Handbrake video converting to play in Plex
b. Before conversion, you may want to trim the unnecessary parts from the movie.
Step 3. Click Convert to rip Blu-ray movie to MP4/MKV for Roku 4 playing on Plex. After the conversion, drag a converted movie to log in Plex server and add them to the library of Plex.
How to Set up Plex on Roku 4
1. Download and install Plex Media Server. After installation, create a Plex log in ID.
2. Add media content on to Plex library according to the type of your content (i.e. Movies, TV Shows, Music, Photos, or Home Videos).
3. Plex channel for Roku is now available and you can buy it from Roku store. After making the Plex channel run on your Roku media player, you can watch movies, TV shows, home videos and more you have added to Plex server with Roku player on TV.
- How To Play DVD On Apple TV 4 Via Plex Channel?
- Backup DVD To Plex For Watching On Tablet/Laptop/Mobile
- Digitize Blu-ray/DVD Collection to Amazon Fire TV with Plex
- Rip a DVD ISO to MKV for streaming via Plex with multi audio tracks
- Need help for easiest way to transcode movies on NAS to LG WebOs HDTV via plex