ReadyNAS Pro 6 is the newest and most powerful member of the award-winning ReadyNAS product family. Designed for small businesses and home offices, ReadyNAS Pro 6 delivers class-leading performance and robust features in a small desktop form factor chassis supporting up to 18 TB of storage. It supports Plex which gives you chance to stream your media with Plex via ReadyNAS Pro 6 on your Apple TV, PS4. If you have large Blu-ray collection and are worrying about the scratch, why not backup your Blu-ray to ReadyNAS Pro 6 then stream them with Plex in Home Theater?
It is not a hard job with the help of Blu-ray Ripper. <Know Blu-ray Ripper vs. Blu-ray Copier> A Blu-ray Ripper can remove the encryption in Blu-ray discs and save the content to another digital version so that you can store the Blu-ray movies on ReadyNAS Pro 6 in a more compatible format to stream with Plex.
After tested and tried many Blu-ray rippers in the market, I would recommend Pavtube BDMagic to you. This professional Blu-ray ripper has the capacity of removing copy protection and save Blu-ray to ReadyNAS pro 6 for Playback with Plex in other file formats.
Key Features of Pavtube BDMagic
- Remove copy restrictions mechanism like encryption in Blu-ray
- Rip Blu-ray to ReadyNAS pro 6 and Plex supported MP4, AVI, MOV, etc
- Batch convert several Blu-ray to ReadyNAS pro 6 for Plex
- Add srt.ssa.ass subtitle to Blu-ray video
- Adjust Blu-ray video size,codec, bitate, fame rate and audio channel, codec, sample rate, bitrate.
- Trim and crop Blu-ray videos
- Adjust display aspect ratio.
- Deinterlace the video
- Automatically detect and choose Blu-ray main title to convert
Pavtube BDMagic also has the equivalent Mac version. But if you have both Windows and Mac computer, I suggest you to use Windows version because this app on Windows can offer 6X times Blu-ray ripping speed by H.264 codec with NVIDIA CUDA/ AMD GPU acceleration technology.
Free download and install:
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-ripper/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-BDMagic/3000-7970_4-75922877.html
How to Backup Blu-ray to ReadyNAS Pro 6 for Plex
Step 1. Load Blu-ray disc with the program.
Launch BDMagic, click “File” > “Load from disc” to import Blu-ray disc the program. When the loading process is finished, all the Blu-ray titles will be displayed on the main interface, the program will automatically select the main title by taking the tick in front of it.
Step 2: Choose output format.
From “Format” drop-down options, scroll down to “HD Video” main category, from its extended selection list, choose the output H.264 HD MP4 format which can give wide compatibility with Plex/ReadyNAS Pro 6 and high resolution.
Step 3: Start conversion process.
Go back to the main interface, hit right-bottom “Convert” button to start Blu-ray to ReadyNAS Pro 6 for Plex conversion process. When the process ends, open the output folder to locate the generated movie.
How to Install and Setup Plex on ReadyNAS Pro 6?
Many apps can be installed directly from the local admin page of ReadyNAS storage systems connected to the internet. If your ReadyNAS storage system is not connected to the internet, you can still install apps manually, but must first download them from the ReadyNAS Apps page to an internet-connected computer, then upload the app to the ReadyNAS system.
1. Login to the Admin page
2. Click Apps > Available Apps.
3. Scroll through the list of available Apps looking for the Plex Media Server.
4. Click the Install button.
5. Once the App is installed, you can view the App in Installed Apps icon.
6. Switch the OFF toggle to ON next to the Plex Media Server icon.
7. After a moment. a message about enabling the service will quickly display then disppear.
8. Click the Launch button.
9. Plex’s Terms of Service displays in a new browser window or tab.
10. Click AGREE if you agree to continue.
More Plex installation info click here.