People often saved many movies on their PC. And some day, they may want to watch these moves from the PC to TV. It should be an easy job, but when the movies come to MKV Blu-ray rips, it seems to be harder to realize:
I just baught a Panasonic TC-PST50 and I wanted some advice/direction on how to be able to enjoy my mkv bluray rips that i have saved on my PC.
example: I have the lord of the rings trilogy 1080p in .mkv files that are combined like 60GB of Hard drive space. I don’t know if its better to get a USB stick and just plug it into my TV or if I should transfer the files to my laptop and use an HDMI cable to plug in from laptop to TV.
I keep hearing about how smart TVs can connect remotely to your PC’s hardrive and play it that way but I just want to know what provides the best quality.”
Actually, there are so many ways to help you stream MKV Blu-ray rips from PC to TV.
1. If the picture quality is the primary thing then probably connecting a USB drive to the TV is the best. The problem with this is the TV may not have the codecs for playing the .mkv files that you extracted from Blu-ray. You can check the owners manual or just try it.
2. Same problem may apply for playback over the network into the TV. You can use your laptop or a media box like the Western Digital to play these files and should get fine quality from both if the laptop video is good with 1080p.
3. Put all Your files on a NAS (Network Attached Storage device) and server them to every TV in the house, using networked HDMPs on every TV.
4. If you have a Chromecast and a TV Box with built-in Chromecast, like NVIDIA SHIELD, you can cast your mkv Blu-ray rips from PC to TV via Chromecast.
5. Run a HDMI (or other) cable from Your PC to Your TV.
6. Build a dedicated Home Theater PC (HTPC)
However, as the said in method 1, problem may happens because the TV may not have the codecs for playing the .mkv files come from Blu-ray. No matter which way you want to try, you’d better convert MKV to TV more supported format in order that the video format affect the testing result.
Pavtube Video Converter Ultimate will be a good assistant to help convert MKV Blu-ray rips to TV compatible format. <review>
Support Input Files:
BD/DVD: 3D Blu-ray movies, 2D Blu-ray movies, Blu-ray Folder, Blu-ray ISO Image File, DVD movies, DVD Folder, DVD IFO File, DVD ISO Image File
Videos: H.264, MP4, MOV, MKV, VOB, WMV, MPG, Tivo, AVI, Divx, M4V, QT, FLV, F4V, ASF, 3GP, TS, MTS, M2TS, TP, TRP, MOV, MOD, TOD, MXF(partial), DV, M2V, 3G2, RM, RMVB, DAT, NUT, NSV, etc.
Audio files: M4A, WMA, WAV, MP3, MP2, AU, FLAC, MKA, AAC, OGG, Aiff, Ra, Ram, DTS, etc.
Common video formats: AVI, WMV, MP4 (H.265/HEVC), MP4 (H.264/AVC), MKV, MOV, M4V, VOB, DV, ASF, MPG, 3GP, 3G2, etc.
HD video formats: MP4 (H.265/HEVC), MP4 (H.264/AVC), MOV, MPG, MKV, WMV, TS, AVI, etc.
TV format: Optimized Preset for LG/Panasonic/Sony/Samsung TV equipped most compatible video/audio parameters with TV.
Audio: iTunes supported audio formats(MP3, M4A, AAC, Flac), iPhone Ringtone audio (M4R), Matroska Audio(MKA), Ogg Vorbis Audio (OGG), Windows Media Audio (WMA, WAV), DTS (DTS remux)
Free download and install
– Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/blu-ray-video-converter-ultimate/
– Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-Video-Converter-Ultimate/3000-2194_4-75938564.html
How to Convert MKV Blu-ray rips for playback on TV from PC?
Step 1: Import MKV Blu-ray rips
Launch and start the program on your computer, click “File” > “Add Video/Audio” or “Add from Folder” to import source files to the program.
Adjust video order: Click the “Move up” or “Move down” arrow under the video file displaying window to adjust your source video file order according to your own needs.
Step 2: Choose output format
Navigate to “Format” > “TVS” > “Panasonic TV (*.mp4)” as the target format. If your TV is another brand, you can choose the format according to your brand. Actually, all HD/Smart TV have similar video requirement.
Step 3: Start to convert MKV Blu-ray rips to TV
Click “Convert” to start to convert Blu-ray rips to TV. You can easily locate the generated TV supported video in output folder.
When you have made sure that the video on your PC is supported by TV. You can try any one of the ways aforementioned to stream movies from PC to TV.