Recently, an old Pavtube DVDAid user e-mailed me that asked me to introduce a Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper to him since he wanted to transfer his Blu-ray movies to a computer stick then watch them on iPad while Pavtube DVDAid couldn’t deal with Blu-ray disc. Yes, Pavtube DVDAid does only work in DVD. Now, let me introduce you a top-selling Blu-ray Ripper and how to backup Blu-ray to computer stick for iPad.
What is a Computer Stick?
Computer on a stick/PC on a stick namely means a computer/PC in a (USB) stick format, which actually is an composition of an ARM CPU, an operating system (Windows, Android, Linux or Mac) and a flash memory for storage.
Intel Computer Stick is built with Atom quad-core processor, 2G RAM and 32G flash storage for Windows 8.1 OS (1G RAM and 8G flash storage for Linux OS), a micro SD card slot for additional storage, Wi-Fi connection and Bluetooth 4.0. It’s undoubtedly the most convenient intelligent device for web browsing, social networking, audio streaming, games and assorted other general purpose tasks like watching Blu-ray movies.
The Best Blu-ray Ripper to copy Blu-ray to computer stick
From the definition of a computer stick, I think that here the man just treated the computer stick as an external hard drive. Whatever. Now, as for Blu-ray Ripper, I recommend you Pavtube ByteCopy. Comparing to Pavtube DVDAid, it not only can rip DVD, but also can backup Blu-ray discs.
Learn >> The reasons to suggest Pavtube ByteCopy
Key Features of Pavtube ByteCopy
- Remove Blu-ray/DVD complex encryption: AACS, BD+, region codes, Sony, Disney…
- Convert Blu-ray/DVD to H.265, M3U8, MPV, MOV, M4V, MKV, etc and optimized preset for iPad, iPhone Apple TV, Android tablet,
- Make yourself decide the ratio between the video size and the video quality when ripping Blu-ray to computer stick.
- Allows you to trim video footage and crop the black area in “Edit” windows.
- Enables you to extract subtitle from Blu-ray/DVD movies and extract FLAC, WAV, MP3 audio from Blu-ray/DVD.
Free download and install:
- Pavtube old official address: http://www.pavtube.cn/bytecopy/
- Cnet Download: http://download.cnet.com/Pavtube-ByteCopy/3000-7970_4-76158512.html
Simple steps to rip Blu-ray to computer stick
Step 1. Load Blu-ray File
Any Blu-ray disc, ISO image file and VIDEO_TS folder can be converted to computer stick. Click “File” button on the interface to add source Blu-ray file. You can choose your desired subtitle in “Subtitle”. For example, if you want to preserve Swedish subtitle, just choose Swedish.
Step 2. Choose Output Format
Here, yo can choose directly copy Blu-ray or convert Blu-ray to digital version format. “H.264 HD MP4” is recommend here.
Step 3: Start to rip Blu-ray to computer stick
Click “Convert” to start backup Blu-ray movies, and after conversion, you can get the ripped Blu-ray movies in output folder.
Now, transfer the movies to computer stick then plug it into iPad. Now, you can watch lots of Blu-ray movies on iPad without using the internal storage space of iPad. Except computer stick, USB Flash Drive, USB Stick, External Hard Drive are also good storage devices to store your Blu-ray/DVD rips. And Pavtube ByteCopy can achieve it easily.