Many people want to watch a 2D Blu-ray on Samsung TV in 3D mode but don’t know if it can be realized. Here, I can tell you you can watch 2D Blu-ray on Samsung 3D TV in 3D mode by converting 2D Blu-ray to 3D video. How to do that? If you are interested, just read on.
• 3D Blu-ray connected to a 3D TV via a High Speed HDMI Cable
• 2D Blu-ray Disc and 3D Glasses
2D to 3D Conversion
1. Power on the player and TV. Set the TV input/source to where the Blu-ray player is connected. For example, if the player is connected to HDMI 1 on the TV, set the TV source to HDMI 1.
2. Once the home menu is displayed, insert the 2D Blu-ray Disc. The player begins to read and loads the disc. Movie trailers and previews begin to play.
3. When the disc menu displays, select ‘Play’ by using the directional arrows on your BD remote and then press the 2D__>3D button on the BD remote to convert the movie to 3D. Each time the 2D__>3D button is pressed it will toggle between 2D and 3D.
• If converting a 2D photo, display the photo and then press the 2D to 3D button.
• If converting 2D contents from a USB flash drive, play the content first and then press the 2D to 3D button.
• If converting Smart Hub content, launch the video app first and then press the 2D to 3D button.
2D Content is converted into the following 3D Formats:
- 1080p 24fps: Outputs to 1080p 24fps 3D
- Others: Output to 720p 3D
- Photo Files: Output to 720p 3D
Adjusting 3D Depth
When converting 2D content to 3D content, especially content with not a lot of action you sometimes need to adjust the depth. You can set it anywhere between 1 – 10, the higher the number the deeper the 3D depth.
1. Play your 2D Blu-ray disc and press the 2D to 3D button to convert to 3D.
2. Press the Tools button on the Blu-ray remote. Tools menu displays.
3. Using the top and bottom arrows move to ‘3D Depth’ and then press enter.
4. Using the right and left arrows adjust the value, the higher the value the deeper the 3D depth. If you experience discomfort while viewing 2D to 3D contents, try lowering the 3D depth.
What type of content can I convert?
Any 2D content that supports 3D converion (Blu-ray, DVD movies)
Smart Hub Content (Netflix, Vudu, Hulu, etc)
DVD/BD-ROM/VCD Video and Photo files
2D to 3D function is not available when:
• Before a disc is played, ‘Not Available’ will display. Press Play first and then 2D to 3D conversion remote button.
• A 3D disc has already been inserted, since no conversion is necessary the function won’t work.
• When the connected TV is not a 3D TV.
• When the HDMI cable is not a High Speed HDMI cable.
• When the 2D content does not allow for 3D conversion (some videos may be coded for 2D only)
• When you use the 3D conversion function the Bonusview function is not available. Depending on the disc, a black outline may display.
Convert 2D Blu-ray to 3D with 3D Blu-ray Ripper
If you can’t convert 2D Blu-ray to 3D when streaming on Samsung TV, you can convert 2D Blu-ray to 3D format with some 3D Blu-ray Ripper. Pavtube ByteCopy works perfectly to create 3D movie from Blu-ray and convert 2D Blu-ray movies to SBS, TB, Anaglyph 3D movies for playback on your Samsung 3D TV. Pavtube ByteCopy is an easy to use yet professional 2D Blu-ray to 3D video converter that could convert 2D Blu-ray to 3D video in various formats like 3D MP4, 3D MKV, 3D AVI, 3D WMV, 3D MOV, etc. in different 3D movie effects. Have a look at the tutorial below to know how to convert 2D Blu-ray movies to SBS 3D videos.
Rip 2D Blu-ray to 3D Video > Step 1: Download and install the latest ByteCopy onto your computer;
Rip 2D Blu-ray to 3D Video > Step 2: Launch Pavtube ByteCopy and click "File" > "Load from disc" to load your 2D Blu-ray.
Rip 2D Blu-ray to 3D Video > Step 3: Click the “Format” then navigate to "3D Video" to choose 3D SBS MP4.
Rip 2D Blu-ray to 3D Video > Step 4: Click “ Settings” button to do corresponding settings regarding to video, audio, subtitle and 3D formats;
Rip 2D Blu-ray to 3D Video > Step 5: Click the “Convert” button to start 2D Blu-ray to 3D SBS MP4 converting process.